Milind Wagh: Profile
Milind Wagh acquired his degree in engineering from the prestigious College of Engineering in Pune, India in electrical engineering and started his professional career in 1985. With the advent of first computers and computer technology as a science in 1984 in India, Milind was quick to steer his career in IT / ITES field after the initial few years in generic sales and marketing functions in the automotive sector.
His penchant for technology coupled with an acute engineering mindset, helped him establish his career in the ever-evolving IT domain with a unique advantage – by choice than by chance!
As a P&L business leader, Milind Wagh has largely driven growth in emerging & mid cap growth technology and software companies. His career reflects exemplary strategic insight, pro-active leadership & tactical execution skills with a specialty in building new initiatives in high growth & turnaround organizations in multinational & multicultural environments.
He has led major part of career in technology companies engaged in enterprise software, hardware and off-shoring with latest emphasis on enterprise projects in the commercial and federal space involving SAP and Open Source technologies.
During his school education at St. Vincent’s High School in Pune, Milind took up to reading books in a major way. The initial influence was more of fiction which advanced later into non-fiction with specific interests in science, management, psychology and soft-skills. The exposure to thought processes of elite experts in these fields coupled with his own observations on relevant topics is the essence to the core of his blog: Think Inward
Milind Wagh: Core Strengths
– New initiatives champion: Built new initiatives from scratch.
– Have success in driving portfolio of ‘ideas’ into successful ‘funded’ initiatives
– Hands-on in using technology to drive out OPEX & grow market share
– Aptitude for design, marketing and sale of of technology products (B2C / B2B)
– Delivered concurrent, complex technology projects (SAP, Oracle, SaaS, COTs, Open Source and Web)
– Have an uncanny ability to cut to the heart of sales effectiveness, effecting >60% pipeline conversions
– Leadership in building & managing offshore tech / resource centres for Oracle, SAP & other platforms
– Hiring, mentoring & leading high-performing teams across technical as well as non-technical functions
– Acute marketing strategist: Created, positioned & promoted brands in ISP, ITES and IT space.
Milind Wagh: Career Snapshot
- 27+ Yr career excellence in start-ups, turnaround, high growth enterprises
– Cross-industry exposure across automotive, telecom (ISP), ITES and IT domains
– Operated in multiple markets (India, Bahrain, USA, Oman, Dubai & Nigeria)
– Engaged in marketing brands like Sprint, Acer, HP, Dell, Zenith, Cisco, Oracle, SAP and more
– Successful New Initiatives at Kinetic Honda, Zenith Computers, Sprint RPG, Optimos, Simba Group